Here’s a site that uses a neat mapping tool, probably the best one I’ve seen for a while:
Unfortunately it’s limited to central London at the moment, but the reason I like the site:
- It’s very easy to use – setting up a ‘new’ map takes a minute
- The end user navigation is excellent – I set a map up for our London office (http://www.hotelmap.com/hotelmap/?pro=M7LUT) and it’s really easy to use – with all the various ‘panels’ around the screen.
- The design is nice – I don’t know who did the mapping (it doesn’t look like Bing or Google).
- The concept is pretty neat, of creating a map based on a central location (like the Endava office, or say, Madame Tussaud’s).
Things that they need to work on:
- The prices don’t seem particularly great!
- The speed of retrieving the costs need to be quicker.
4 thoughts on “Review of HotelMap.com”
We use HotelMap for our London events – our delegates love it. Not sure I agree with you about prices – it may be London that is expensive and from our experience HotelMap is at least as good and the next guy when it comes to prices – and more importantly at least we are no longer forced to provide our guests with inflated corporate rates.
Thanks for the recommendation – HotelMap is very slick.
For a more general map based hotel search check out http://www.targetrooms.com. The prices are direct from Booking.com and HostelBookers.com so they are guaranteed to be the lowest around.
used hotelmap for booking and had to cancel afterwards. i am still waiting for the credit on my credit card – its been over 10 business days and nothing – i am tired of getting the same robotic response from these guys ‘i’ll look into it’…